There is no question that the benefits of polarized lenses are clear. According to the Mayo Clinic, polarized lenses are ideal for reducing glare–essentially light reflected off snow, water, or other flat or shiny surfaces. So if you are someone who enjoys skiing/snowboarding, water sports such as fishing, canoeing, kayaking or just spending time outdoors, then polarized lenses are ideal.
Polarized lenses also benefit eye health in the long-term. Although there are certainly benefits to sunlight, it can damage both skin. and eyes. Developing cataracts is the main culprit of too much sun exposure over time. and polarized lenses greatly combat that. With the reduced amount of glare that polarized lenses provide, images appear sharper and clearer while improving overall comfort. Polarized lenses are also available for prescription and non-prescription sunglasses and are ideal for post-cataract surgery patients. While wearing non-polarized lenses, you may notice at times that you are still squinting and your eyes are strained, which can lead to discomfort, perhaps causing headaches or migraines. Polarized lenses offset this issue, allowing you to feel rested and comfortable.
Polarized lenses come in a variety of color options, with some colors giving specific benefits:
- Polarized rose lenses can sharpen your focus and contrast in numerous light conditions while reducing the risk of triggering migraines .
- Yellow lenses work to eliminate blue-light spectrum waves that can cause the eyes to feel fatigued, strained, and cause headaches.
- Gray lenses evenly filter all of the wavelengths in the visual light spectrum which is why this is the most common.
- Brown lenses are effective in bright light conditions.
- Green lenses can offer a superior level of filtering help when you are in conditions with extreme glare.
Please check out our blog if you have more questions about driving with sun glare . At Glare-Guard we are proud to produce stylish polarized sunglasses for both men and women along with our polarized car visor extenders! Our gray polarized visor helps combat glare from the sun, snow, and lights while our yellow night vision visor helps reduce glare at night from oncoming headlights.